Friday, May 16, 2014

Ole Guacamole

Ola!
This tee is for my nephew Ole! 
His parents call him Ole Guacamole! 
Upon hearing this funny nickname, inspiration started flowing, and I simply had to make him this tee.
 I happened to have a very soft -almost velvety- green XL tee in my stash that had exactly the colour and feel of a ripe avocado. 
My best neckline ever!
 Inspired by the marvellous shirts made by Trine from Groovybaby... and Mama, I decided to add some shoulder pads. I freezer paper stenciled yellow rectangles on a rusty orange knit. Can you guess what they should resemble? (My husband had no clue...)
Isn't it obvious? Nacho chips of course....

To prevent the little guy's head to get stuck, I added a button closure to the left shoulder. I used some fun buttons with an aztec-like print and lime green thread to fix the buttons. 
 The lime green also appeared in the side tag and the serged edges.  
So, there it is! A fun shirt for Ole Guacamole!

Linking up to: 
Inspired Us Thursdays: Sew Needle Stitch Hook, a link party of fiber arts. | The Inspired Wren

11 comments:

  1. Maar kijk eens, wat een inspiratie! Prachtig is dit! Deze zal ik onthouden hoor! Past een 'guacamole shirt' ook voor een kind dat niet luistert naar de naam 'Ole'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuurlijk. Ook als je Saskia heet, kun je zo'n shirt dragen.
      Groetjes, Saskia

      Delete
  2. this is freaking awesome. you should link it to the "a fashionable type" series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful fun tee! That neckline is super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Absolutely perfect. Thanks for linking up to Inspire Us Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete